National Gypsum Company introduces The Wood Book
Comprehensive construction guide for fire-rated assemblies in wood-frame construction is the latest in National Gypsum’s series of technical resource guides.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (April 1, 2022) – National Gypsum Company will launch its latest technical resource, The Wood Book, at the INTEX Expo. Featuring detailed fire-rated assemblies for wood-frame duplexes, townhouses, multifamily and light commercial projects, The Wood Book is an invaluable resource for architects, contractors and building inspectors.
Across nearly 150 pages, The Wood Book provides:
- Detailed, fire-rated UL designs for wood-frame walls as well as floor-ceiling and roof-ceiling assemblies
- Head-of-wall and rim joist details for the intersections of walls and floor-ceiling assemblies
- Multiple design options for mechanical, elevator and stair shaft enclosures
- New area separation wall details including egress door installations
“National Gypsum is committed to being the go-to resource for practical and applicable technical support, which is why The Wood Book includes UL-rated designs and specifications that architects can use as the basis of design for all of their wood-frame projects,” said Jay Watt, Director of Product Marketing at National Gypsum Company. “It provides assurance for inspectors and peace of mind for contractors and building owners by addressing the most common fire-rating issues in wood-frame buildings.”
The hundreds of designs found in The Wood Book are all tested, meaning they can be implemented directly to wood-frame constructions across a number of applications.
Available online at TheWoodBook.com, The Wood Book is the latest in a series of technical guides from National Gypsum Company that includes:
- The PURPLE Book® II, which is the leading resource on fire-rated assemblies in commercial construction
- The SoundBook® 2.0, which provides technical details for acoustic assemblies and includes real-world sound-rated designs
The Wood Book will be released and available at National Gypsum Company’s booth (#301) at the INTEX Expo, scheduled to take place April 6-7 at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center. The guide was developed by the experts on the 1-800-NATIONAL® Construction Services team, who will be available at the trade show to answer questions.
To download copies of The Wood Book, The PURPLE Book II and The SoundBook 2.0, visit the Design & Resource Center on nationalgypsum.com.
More from the Newsroom
SPRI highlights the importance for protecting insulation in low slope roofing with DEXcell
Product Manager Warren Barber explains how cover boards can help ...Read More
Roofing magazine named DEXcell FA VSH Glass Mat Roof Board a Top 40 product of 2022
DEXcell FA VSH Glass Mat Roof Board lands a spot on the Top 40 pr...Read More