Applicant Privacy Notice
National Gypsum Services Company dba National Gypsum Company as well as its affiliates including without limitation NG Corporate, LLC, Gold Bond Building Products, LLC, ProForm Finishing Products, LLC, and PermaBASE Building Products, LLC (collectively, “the Company” “we” “us”) collects personal information relating to or identifying individuals from job candidates, prospects, and employees.
Type of Personal Information We Collect
The categories of personal information we may collect and process during the application and recruitment process includes:
1. Applicant identifiers
- mailing address(es)
- telephone number(s)
- email address(es)
- social media handle
- social security number
- date of birth
2. Applicant records information
- information needed to verify your employment eligibility, including but not limited to immigration status
- background check information, including but not limited to information necessary to complete background, credit, and/or other checks when permitted by law, and information received during these checks
- other financial information
- passport number
- driver's license number
- social media and internet activity history
3. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
- information needed to understand and assess accommodation requests regarding potential disabilities or other health conditions
- information related to race, religion, age, national origin
4. Professional or employment-related information
- information from job application materials (e.g., recruiters, resume or CV, cover letter, writing samples, references, work history, education, and transcripts)
- educational history information, including but not limited to schools attended, graduation date, GPA, degrees attained, and area of study
- professional qualifications, including but not limited to licenses, permits, memberships, and certifications
- information from the application process, including but not limited to any phone screens, interviews, and evaluations
5. Educational information
- information that is not "publicly available personally identifiable information" as defined in the California Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)
We collect personal information from you when you apply for a job and throughout the job application or recruitment process. We may also collect your personal information from other sources and combine it with the personal information you provide us. Providing personal information to us is voluntary. However, if you do not provide sufficient information, we may be unable to consider your application.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you throughout the hiring process
- to assess your qualifications, skills, and suitability for the considered job
- to consider you for or inform you about other job opportunities (with your consent if required by applicable laws)
- to verify your information and carry out reference checks
- to prepare your employment agreement if you are offered a job at the Company
- to assist you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit (if requested by you)
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests
In addition, we process your information (on an aggregated level) to perform analyses to understand, maintain, evaluate, and improve our hiring process including our diversity and inclusion efforts. For more information, please email email@example.com.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information. In certain circumstances, we share your information with third parties. This includes:
- Service providers that help us manage the recruiting process and operate our business, (e.g., boards, recruiters, interviewing, and pre-employment screening)
- Government authorities, law enforcement and other as required by applicable laws
- Professional advisors (e.g., lawyers, immigration advisors, and other outside professional advisors)
Information Retention and Deletion
If you are successful in your job application, relevant information we collect about you during the hiring process will become a part of your employment record and retained in accordance with our retention and privacy policies for employee information. If your application is unsuccessful, we retain your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes related to the hiring process. We may also, with your consent if required by applicable laws, retain your personal information for as long as allowed under applicable laws to consider you for future job opportunities at our Company.
How to Contact Us
The Careers Site is not intended for minors under the age of 18.
We reserve the right to change this Notice at any time.