15 Year Limited Warranty
Gridstone Ceiling Panels
Gold Bond Building Products, LLC (“Seller”) warrants to its customers that at the time of sale its Gold Bond® Gridstone® Gypsum Ceiling Panels will be free of manufacturing defects and will not visibly sag as a result of defects in material or workmanship. Gridstone Gypsum Ceiling Panels covered by this warranty include:
- Gridstone® Gypsum Ceiling Panels
- Gridstone® Clean Room Ceiling Panels
- Gridstone® Hi-Strength Ceiling Panels
This warranty will remain in effect for fifteen (15) years from the date the product is purchased from Seller.
This warranty only applies if the following conditions are met:
- The installation methods conformed to applicable written recommendations and specifications published by Seller, by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and by the Ceiling and Interior Systems Contractors Association in their “Ceiling Systems Handbook”;
- The product has been properly handled and stored in a clean, dry area at all times prior to and during installation, and has not been abused or damaged during handling or storage or been used for an improper application;
- The product shall be maintained at a temperature not to exceed 104° Fahrenheit (40° Celsius) and not exceed 90% relative humidity prior to, during and after installation;
- The problem with the product is not due to structural movement of the building, to movement in, failure of or defects in the materials to which the product is attached or from which it is suspended, or to acts of God, such as earthquakes, storms, fires or floods; and
- No water or water vapor comes into direct contact with the product, such as from condensation, leaking pipes, steam or similar sources.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
This warranty does not cover:
- Installation in which the plenum space above the ceiling panels is used as a conditioned air duct (supply or return) or vented to outside, moist air.
- Damage to the product caused by improper installation or maintenance, exposure to smoke, chemical vapors, fire or foreign or toxic substances.
- Incidental, indirect or consequential losses, damages or expenses. The customer’s exclusive remedy for any type of claim or action for defective products will be limited to the replacement of the product (in the form originally shipped) or, at Seller’s option, to a payment or credit not greater than the original purchase price of the product. Some states or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so such exclusion or limitation may not apply to you.
Within thirty (30) days from the time you discover a problem with Gridstone products, write to National Gypsum Services Company d/b/a National Gypsum Company, authorized sales agent and service provider to Seller, and include a brief description of the problem and photographs. Also, send us copies of any sales receipts, invoices or other documents which may show the dates of purchase and installation. Mail this information to:
National Gypsum Company
5901 Carnegie Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28209
Attn: Director, Quality Services R&D
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which will vary depending upon the state.Issued January 2021