5 Year Limited Warranty
Gold Bond Seaspray Hi-Strength MVR Ceiling Panels
Factory Built Housing 5 Year Limited Warranty
Gold Bond Building Products, LLC (“Seller”) warrants to its customers that its 1/2” and 5/16” Gold Bond® Seaspray Hi-Strength (HS) MVR® Ceiling Panels will be free of defects in materials and workmanship at the time of shipment and, for the duration of this Limited Warranty, will not visibly sag as a result of any such defects.
This warranty will remain in effect for five (5) years from the date the product is purchased from Seller.
This warranty only applies if the following conditions are met:
- Installation methods were in conformance with published Seller recommendations and in full compliance with all HUD Code requirements.
- The product has been properly handled and stored in a clean, dry area at all times prior to and during installation, and has not been abused or damaged during handling or storage or been used for an improper installation.
- The problem with the product is not due to structural movement of the framing of walls or ceilings, or to failure of or defects in the materials to which the product is attached or from which it is suspended, or to acts of God, such as earthquakes, storms, fires, floods or similar events.
- No water or water vapor comes into direct contact with the product, such as from roof leakage, condensation or excessively wet blown-in insulation at time of manufacture of the home.
- If the home has a shingle roof, adequate, unobstructed ventilation through the roof cavity must be provided for and maintained at all times. Roof vents must be placed at the peak of the roof, with soffit or overhang ventilation screens at least equal in area to HUD Code requirements. Blown in insulation must not obstruct these screens.
- The site for the home must be adequately prepared, must be graded to allow water to flow away from the house and must be in conformance with code and/or local requirements.
- Skirting or a permanent foundation must be adequately vented, per manufacturer specifications and HUD Code requirements. An efficient vapor retarder, such as plastic ground cover, must be applied under the entire home at time of set-up.
EXCLUSIONS and LIMITATIONS
This warranty does not cover:
- Damage of any kind due to water or water vapor exposure on the Seaspray HS MVR from such sources as roof leaks, condensation, moisture entering the home from underneath, water standing under the home due to plumbing leaks, improper site preparation or lack of an efficient vapor retarder, such as a plastic ground cover.
- Damage to the product caused by improper installation or maintenance, exposure to smoke, chemical vapors, fire or foreign or toxic substances.
- Incidental, indirect or consequential losses, damages or expenses. The customer’s exclusive remedy for any type of claim or action for defective products will be limited to replacement of the product (in the form originally shipped) or, at Seller’s option, to a payment or credit not greater than the original purchase price of the product. Some states or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so such exclusion or limitation may not apply to you.
Within thirty (30) days from the time you discover a problem with Seaspray Hi-Strength MVR Ceiling Panels, write to National Gypsum Services Company d/b/a National Gypsum Company, authorized sales agent and service provider to Seller (or to the manufacturer of the home) and include a brief description of the problem and photographs. Also, furnish us with the date of purchase of the home and name of the selling dealer. Mail this information to:
National Gypsum Company
2001 Rexford Road
Charlotte, NC 28211
ATTN: Director, Quality Services R&D
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which will vary depending upon the state or province.
Issued January 2021