Gold Bond® Durabase® Gypsum Board
Gold Bond® BRAND Durabase® Gypsum Board is a versatile and highly regarded construction material that has impressive advantages as a lamination substrate. Durabase Gypsum Board can be surfaced with a wide variety of decorative laminates for use as wall panels in manufactured housing. In addition to its availability in a variety of thicknesses and lengths, gypsum board's principal advantages include fire resistance, low surface flammability, good sound isolation characteristics and impact resistance.
Manufactured especially to meet HUD fire safety requirements of flame spread not over 25. When used in furnace room, gypsum board gives furnace and water heater areas an extra measure of protection where they need it most—giving home buyers peace of mind.
In addition, the inherent sound-deadening characteristics of Gold Bond Durabase make your home quieter as well as safer. This is a true Gold Bond value any way you look at it.
- 5/16" Durabase weighs approximately 30% less than standard 1/2" gypsum board. Also available in 5/8" for added fire resistance.
- A laminated, installed cost that is less than finished gypsum board (taped, finished and painted).
- Adaptable to different types of laminas (paper or vinyl).
- Gypsum core cuts quickly, allows easy installation.
- High gypsum density also provides greater resistance to sound penetration—results in quieter rooms.
- UL labeled and meets all HUD Manufactured Mobile Home Construction and Safety Standards—promotes security for homeowners.
- Noncombustible core—provides excellent fire protection.