Gold Bond® Fire-Shield® Shaftliner XP®
Gold Bond® BRAND Fire-Shield® Shaftliner XP® Gypsum Panels with Sporgard™* consist of a fire-resistant Type X gypsum core encased in a heavy moisture/mold/mildew-resistant, 100% recycled, National Gypsum's original PURPLE® paper on the face and back sides.
Shaftliner XP was designed to provide extra protection against mold and mildew. The face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are square-cut and finished smooth. Long edges of panels are beveled for ease of installation.
Check the Fire and Safety Information of our website under Resources for a more complete explanation of how fire resistance ratings work.
Shaftliner XP panels are designed to be used to construct lightweight fire barriers for cavity shaftwalls (1-4 hr), stairwells and area separation fire walls in multifamily housing. The panels are key components in the I-Stud, C-T Stud and C-H Stud Cavity Shaftwall Systems and the H-Stud Area Separation Fire Wall Systems.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM G 21 with a score of 0, the best possible score.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D 3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- Lightweight, cost-efficient material.
- Shaftliner XP is easily cut for quick installation.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- UL Classified for fire resistance, surface burning characteristics and non-combustibility.
- Shaftliner XP may be substituted for National Gypsum's Gold Bond® BRAND Fire-Shield® Shaftliner in Cavity Shaftwall, Area Separation Fire Wall Systems and solid laminated partitions.