Gold Bond® eXP® Tile Backer
Gold Bond® BRAND eXP® Tile Backer is an acrylic coated moisture and mold resistant gypsum panel specially designed for use as a substrate for tile applications in high moisture areas.
eXP Tile Backer is manufactured with an enhanced moisture and mold resistant core and facer. The facer is composed of an acrylic coated fiberglass mat which provides superior moisture resistant capabilities.
eXP Tile Backer is identified by National Gypsum’s original PURPLE® color on the back and gray acrylic coating on the front.
eXP Tile Backer is recommended as a substrate for tile and other finishes in both wet and non-wet areas, areas of high humidity and fire-rated assemblies. It is ideally suited for interior walls and ceilings.
- Manufactured to meet ASTM C 1178 (“Standard Specification for Coated Glass Mat Water-Resistant Gypsum Backing Panel”).
- eXP Tile Backer is GREENGUARD Certified for microbial resistance per ASTM D 6329.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D 3273 with a score of 10, the best possible rating.
- Achieves a flame spread of 0 and smoke developed of 0 per ASTM E 84.
- 5/8" eXP Tile Backer contains a Fire-Shield Type X gypsum core and is approved for inclusion in specific UL fire-rated designs.
- Acrylic coated fiberglass facer provides an integral water barrier, eliminating the need for a separate water barrier.
- Excellent performance in high moisture environments such as baths, showers, kitchens and laundries.
- Recommended for both wet and non-wet applications.
Click here for Tile Backer Commercial Construction Warranty
Click here for Tile Backer Residential Dwellings Warranty